Joe DiLorenzo is a trusted advisor for Chiron with vast expertise in the financial industry as well as significant leadership roles for many organizations.
Joe DiLorenzo is Regan Communications Group’s Chief Financial Officer. Prior to joining Regan, Mr. DiLorenzo was President of MD Group Consulting, a company co-founded with former Massachusetts State Treasurer, Joe Malone, specializing in branding, strategic process improvement and business development. He also was Chief Strategic Officer of Hotbox Sports Ventures; President/COO of Plymouth Rock Studios; VP of Strategic Alliances and later CFO of Jenzabar, Inc.
For eighteen years he was Senior Vice President of Administration and/or CFO of the Boston Celtics, performing in two NYSE IPOs, including professional sports first-ever and acquiring radio station WEEI and Fox TV25 and oversight of its construction in Dedham, MA. He also came up with the concept, negotiated and constructed at no cost the Celtic’s world-class training facility in Waltham, MA and has participated in multiple private placement memorandums and credit facilities. He also spent many years with the Boston Garden/Boston Bruins organization, including as a department head. He was a founding owner of the Maine Red Claws, the National Basketball Association Development League’s affiliate of the Boston Celtics and formerly of the Philadelphia 76ers and Charlotte Bobcats and founder of "Diversity/Inclusion, Leadership and Personal Development", a LinkedIn Interest Group with over 4,800 followers.
He has served in many volunteer leadership roles including only the third person from Boston in ninety years to be Chairman of the Board of the Financial Executives International (FEI), the world’s largest organization of senior financial executives. At FEI he also was proponent and served as initial National Chairman of the Diversity Committee; member of the Organizational Alignment and Governance Task Force; Chair of the FEI Hall of Fame Selection Advisory Council; member of the Board of the Financial Executives Research Foundation; board member FEI Canada; and President of the FEI Boston Chapter, where he still serves on the Membership, Nominating, Program and Partner Committees, respectively.
Education and Credentials
- Bentley University, Undergraduate in Accounting with Minor in Education
- Boston Business Journal's F. Gorham Brigham Jr. Lifetime Achievement Award
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Governor's Citation
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Senate Citation
- Massachusetts’ Omicron Delta Epsilon, International Honor Society in Economics
- Downtown North Organizational Leadership Award
- Downtown North Community Leadership Award
- Financial Executives International Chairman's Medal and Honorary Life Member
- Kids for Life Biggest Big Kid Award
- Bentley Executive Club
- Bentley University Alumni Association
- Financial Executives International (FEI), Chairman of the Board
- FEI's Organizational Alignment and Governance Task Force, Member
- FEI Hall of Fame Selection Advisory Council, Chair
- Financial Executives Research Foundation, Board Member
- FEI Canada, Board Member
- FEI Boston, President
- Finance and Investment Committee of the Freedom Trail Foundation, Treasurer and Chairperson
- Friends of the Boston Police, Board Member
- Community Work Services, Board Member
- Salvation's Army's Greater Boston Advisory Board, Executive Committee Board Member